Party like it's my birthday...

by - 6:00 AM

You know how I'm not a big believer in brand-names (although I don't deny that sometimes, not always, $$$ equals quality)...Well, it's going to be my birthday soon, on August 18 to be exact.  That means that I get to purchase a birthday dress, put on my tallest heels and wear more makeup than I have collectively worn all year!!!  Yippeeee!!!

After combing through many web sites, I decided to look for a cheaper duvet for my bed.  Mine is a couple of years old and looking a little like I should take it outside and set it on fire...Well, because the mind wanders, I have no idea how I ended up looking at the clothing and shoes at Target.com for hours...no idea...

I am so surprised by some of their dresses and shoes!!  What in the world is happening...I wanted to order about a million things...then I saw it.  I had previously seen Khatu wearing this dress.  I can't believe I actually found it.  I. DIE.

LOVE THIS!!
Xhilaration® Sleeveless Dress.Opens in a new window
In retrospect, I think i should have gotten this dress instead simply because it is a timeless color scheme, but I got so excited that all rational thoughts went out the window...I could have even used this dress in casual interviews. Ugh.

Xhilaration® Sleeveless Dress.Opens in a new window

To be fair, I don't own a single neon item in my whole wardrobe, so one lime green and white dress isn't going to derail my monochromatic wardrobe (and maybe help me move a little out of my comfort zone).  I will take some pictures when it comes in the mail.  I am not sure how I would style this dress, though.  What do you ladies think?


You May Also Like

3 comments

  1. Gorgeous move with the lime green! Makes the details look so much more prominent than the whtie...you lose all the pretty lace! Especially that collar...BEYOND! Gorgeous buy!

    xo-Julie
    Peace. Love. LOL!

    Haute Khuuture Blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Julie! This makes me feel a lot better about my impulse purchase :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. this was at target?!! you lie! Im pretty sure i'll be ordering this too ... hmm as to sytle it, i think i would end up wearing cute sandles and a washed out jean jacket for a busy/cute day at school!

    ReplyDelete