Nothing a little rouge couldn't fix....

by - 6:00 AM


When I first started looking at blogs, I would spend HOURS looking at before and afters.  I. FREAKING. LOVE. THEM.

 

 Look at that face.  That's me.  Sitting in front of the computer.  Looking at transformations.  I think moving forward, I may try to do a couple of projects on Wednesdays...because I love the smell of spray paint to make ugly discarded things pretty.  Of course there's always the risk of becoming the crazy lady with the DIY aluminum hat who thinks she looks ravishing...

I have had this night stand for about five years, mainly it inaugurated my I-want-all-black-furniture phase.  Well, now I want white furniture.  I like to keep things fresh, keep people on their toes...


This picture was taken in its prime.  Lets just say that time has come and gone.  Yes, I did choose one of the most unflattering pictures I could find, and my decorations were questionable at best.  What?  I loved my framed giant stamp of Tweety and Sylvester and that red giant red flower ring I forged from a metal sheet (true story) that could slit a throat with one wild arm toss...I didn't say I was good at forging metal..

Without further ado, here is nightstand 2.0....




Brother-in-law:  It looks good, but the knobs are crooked.
Me:  YOUR EYES ARE CROOKED...

I handle criticism with a lot of grace...I think one of the knobs by be a teeny tiny bit crooked....but I actually just used the preexisting holes...


Project breakdown:
2X Rustoleum Spray Paint $6
Water based sealant (Pre-owned)  $0
2X Brushed Silver Pulls $10
Total:  $16

I love it now.  SIGH.  Or maybe it's just the paint fumes...only time will tell...


You May Also Like

0 comments