tgif

by - 6:00 AM

Garner State Park
The Good
 -  I have met so many new and beautiful people this week.  Kind, happy, genuine people have a way of making me smile from the inside.  Especially when they send some of that kindness and happiness in my direction.
-  Teaching someone how to say the word kitchen.  Far more gratifying than it sounds.
-  Greek yogurt...HELLO DARLING!  Where have you been all my life!?
-  Odd compliments.  EXHIBIT A:  Oh yes.  I remember you because of your eyebrows.  EXHIBIT B (on the topic of job search):  You would make good money as a stripper.  
I am only 70% certain that these were compliments, but I will take them!  I live for this type of awkwardness.

The Bad
-  Being the weirdo on the bus with the twitchy face because I am trying really hard not to start laughing by myself when holding on to pieces of cloth dangling from the overhead bars because I am too short to hold onto the actual metal.  Every time the bus jolts and I clutch on tightly for dear life, I can't help but feel like a monkey, and in my head, go WEEEEEEE and want to burst into giggles.  EVERY. SINGLE. TIME.  Age has clearly brought me grace and maturity.
-  Running to class and getting there exactly on time.  You are mentally fist pumping when you discover you've confused the dates, and you are in the wrong building. 

The Ugly
 -  Oy Vey.  My name is Linda, and I am an accident waiting to happen.  Near you.  You sitting there four seats away, YOU ARE NOT SAFE!!  After boarding the Metro bus successfully for two weeks, IT happened.  I always put my purse behind me on the seat of the bus to make sure that when the reckless hurried bus driver (not all of them, just one that I can identify) jolts the bus around like a mad man, it won't rip my arm off or go rolling down the seats.  Well, Bus Driver started moving the bus before I sat down.  I hurried to sit down and started to put my purse behind me when the bus driver slams on his breaks (thank you person who ran the red light and almost ended us all).  I flew across the seats onto the gentleman sitting four seats away, flashing my panties to all that could see.  I was wearing a very prim and proper dress, very appropriate for my Paris Hilton moment.  Thankfully he managed to stop me by holding onto my left chesticle.  If only the earth could have opened up and swallowed me whole....

You May Also Like

0 comments