On the topic of kitty doo doo

by - 6:00 AM

I guess I could have chosen a lovelier title, but, honestly, I am too excited!!!  This weekend I stopped at a local thrift store and found the most amazing thing, but I am getting ahead of myself.  First things first.

My Persian cat is the sweetest creature on this side of the Mississippi.  I love her to bits, but I can't stand her cat litter (tracking, the smell, it's ugly...the smell), and letting her go outside is simply not an option.  She would be easily stolen, and she has zero survival instinct.

Because I hate the litter issue so much, I bought this gorgeous creature:
It has worked valiantly for over four years.  Sadly, it is starting to malfunction, and a lot of stinkiness has ensued.  Gross.

Additionally, in the new home that I am living in, the bathroom is teeny tiny, and it takes up way too much room.  I have decided to retire it to the attic for a bit.  Threatening its life always seems to reset it back to working mode anyway...do you hear me robot?!

In the meantime, I have been using pine pellets ($6 for about 50 lbs.), which are amazing.  I have tried two types, the kitty pellets sold at an escalated price at places like Petsmart and the pine pellets sold for horse bedding in feed stores.  Both have the same exact results, so I have continued to buy the humongous bags from a feed store. 

I clean the litter box frequently, and there is no smell.  THANK GOD!!!  ...but it still looks ugly....so, sooo ugly.

On my trip to the thrift store today to look for a new desk chair, I found this lovely litter box cover shoved under some tables and covered in boxes.

Litter Hider
I always though it was sleek and gorgeous, but, honestly, I was not in a hurry to spend close to $300 on a box.  I purchased mine for $15!!!  Now, I don't have to look at gross litter box every time I enter the bathroom.

You May Also Like

0 comments