Celebration time, COME ON!!!

by - 6:00 AM

On the 20th of this month, almost twenty nineteen years ago, my parents brought home a tiny creature.  I was told that I would be meeting my new baby sister...but the being they unwrapped had huge bulging eyes, spiky thick hair and tiny arms and legs...not at all like the Gerber baby I expected.  A few gray hairs (mine) and some growth spurts later, my baby sister is now a soon-to-be twenty-year-old nineteen-year-old computer science/political science double major (NNNEEERRDDDD...)  Fun fact:  My little sister never cries in movies.  I can be found crying in anything from a sad song to a moving commercial.  One fateful day, we sat down to see King Kong.  Girl could not stop crying for about ten minutes after the movie ended...haha...love her....
Anyway, it's her birthday and I get to celebrate it with her!!!  A whole weekend of cake, cupcakes, tubing on the river and other girly nonsense.  I. CAN'T. WAIT.  Because I love to decorate, I have thrown around a few ideas.  I am pretty much set on the desserts for her, given that she very specifically said she wanted chocolate cake and strawberry cupcakes.  I am using these photos as inspiration.

http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5259/5475803936_5d39730da9.jpg
http://www.recipage.com/images/user1453/1332781697/recipe_image.jpg

Decoration inspiration:
 
 
 
 
 
pink ballerina birthday party flowers and ruffle cake with topper 



Who are we kidding...it will probably end up looking something like this:

 
 
 

 I don't care that she is going to be twenty!  I will be throwing a pretty princess party for her...Stay tuned...

UPDATE:  It has been brought to my attention that my sister will be turning nineteen instead of twenty....boy is my face red...

You May Also Like

1 comments

  1. This would be great except for the part where she is turning nineteen and not a day older...wait that line is from an old poem but still, she's turning nineteen...CRAZY! :D

    ReplyDelete