The one with the weird phone call...

by - 6:00 AM


Shirt, Sweater, Sunglasses:  Old Navy
Pants:  New York and Company
Boots:  Marshalls

False alarm guys....it's hot again.  I wore this to school today...only to stand there sweating, waiting for the bus stop as young people in shorts walked by.  

I received the weirdest phone call last week.  A man with a clearly disguised voice answered the phone and quickly said that he loved me and had messed up any opportunity he had with me by having a one-night-stand.  This person was calling from an untraceable number.  I initially thought it was probably the weakest joke anyone had ever played on me until things started to get weird.  At that point, I knew that no one I knew would play such a terrible joke, knowing full well that I would be frightened by it.

I thought maybe it was one of those prince-of-Nigeria-needing-a-bank-account phone calls so I asked him if he needed money for a cab, a ride home, or to meet somewhere to talk calmly (none of which I intended to carry out), but he rejected each of these and said he just wanted to talk to me.  He said that I always made him feel terrible by ignoring him, at which point I asked him to tell him things he knew about me so I could make sure this wasn't a stranger calling, and he did.  This man refused to tell me his identity and even got flustered saying I knew who he was, to just think, which brings me to my next point.  I think it is important to know what to do in situations where self defense is necessary, so I thought I would share some points:

  1. SELF DEFENSE HAS NO RULES - In a life or death situation rules go right out the window. You need to use everything at your disposal to stop your attacker. eye gouging, biting , throat strikes,  & groin attacks are all fair game when trying to defend your life. Do whatever it takes to win!
  2. Don’t Put yourself in Bad situations – Avoiding conflict is just common sense, but all to often people seem to forget this most basic of rules. To trully defend yourself means to avoid the confict in the first place. 
  3. Confidence - Believe it or not an attacker can smell your fear from a mile away, criminals are experts at picking the right victim. Criminals tend to go after people who they feel are weak and or vulnerable to attack.
  4. Be aware of your surroundings- Avoid talking on your cell phone, texting, listening to music while looking down at the ground.  Leave buildings with your keys in your hand and lock your car doors immediately.
  5. Stay Aware - Become an expert at body language. How an aggressor is standing, looking or motioning can give you clues as to what he is about to do.
  6. Control the situation – Don’t react, ACT. The person who can control the situation is ussually the person that will come out on top.
  7. Hurt them first – If a fight is unavoidable, hurt them first and hurt them bad.  Your goal is to immobilize your attacker and physiologically defeat anyone who may be thinking about joining the fight.
  8. Get Away - As soon as you can, get away….. far away!
    Don’t let your ego get you killed, remember if your dead you didn’t win the fight.
For college students:  Please be aware that your school lists your name, phone number and address in the school directory, making it extremely easy for someone with malicious intent to find you.  You have the option of change your information to private if you contact them.

You May Also Like

0 comments