Girl vs. hair

by - 3:00 AM

...er, dog hair that is....

Let me start at the beginning.  You see, this girl had a very disciplined mother who, oddly, allowed her to decorate her room and dress herself any which way she liked.  Seriously, as long as I was not dressed like a harlot and had finished all my homework, I could wear whatever I wanted.  This led to such iconic clothing choices such as the ice-cream-applique-jean-short-with-old-lady-sweater-and-school-shirt.  Did I mention I liked to pair these with frilly socks.  Did I mention that the socks were always mismatched and never put on right, as in the heel of the sock was always on the ankle...or on top of the foot.  Did I mention I wore that sweater in the summer even when I was sweating in the 120 degree Texas heat.  Yeah.  I was something special....to see and, I'm sure, smell...

Anyway, because of such an upbringing, my bedroom ended up looking something like this...


...and God help you if you moved a single item because I knew exactly where everything was.  You just did not mess with my mad organization...

I am not going to lie.  The path to organization has not been easy.  On some days, the house is cleaner than others, but generally speaking, it never looks like this.  EVER.  My name is Linda and I am a recovering messy person/hoarder.



Which brings me to the point of this whole shebang.  I have been tweaking a chore list for myself for some time now and I finally have something that works for me.  I saw it on another blog, but I can't remember which at the moment.  If anyone knows the blog, let me know, and I will give them credit.


Of course, I didn't finish cleaning today because I was busy decorating my chore list...and laminating it.  Of course. 

This list works.  If you adhere to it, your home will sparkle.  People will stand back in awe at the eternally clean dishes...or in my case breathe easy because the house isn't full of dog hair.

Here's a link if anyone wants to download it:
https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B3HGBv72iaP2U2lUNEpDc3NXSkU/edit?usp=sharing

You May Also Like

0 comments