Will the real ramen please stand up...

by - 1:00 AM

My mother came to visit us this weekend!  To celebrate, we went to a new Japanese ramen restaurant that we had heard great things about.  I kid you not, the lines for this place are insane.  Naturally, Saturday found us at Ramen Tatsu-Ya.
 
{naturally "vintage" picture taken via shoddy camera phone}

{Number 2}
{Number One}
 Up until that moment, I had only had those delicious ramen that come in the instantaneous cups.  Please do not try to discourage me from eating these.  Our love is real, and it's deep.  Suffice it to say, I was not really thrilled with what was placed in front of me.  The spices were overpowering for me, but the pork was cooked to perfection.  Best. Pork.  Ever.  

Others were so overwhelmed by how delicious it was that they turned to savagery when they could not use their chop sticks.  Did I mention that they did not have any forks?...and some of us had never even seen a chop stick...Thank God a waiter materialized and produced chop sticks specially designed for children.


 Regardless of whether I liked it or not, please go check this place out.  I am an incredibly picky eater because of my sensitive stomach.  This restaurant is so beautiful and unique that it is worth the trip.  Besides, how many people can say that they have actually tasted real ramen...in Texas...

You May Also Like

0 comments