Skin Care Products

by - 1:00 AM



For about two years, I struggled with acne, which I think were clearly related to the onset of my stomach issues.  I tried everything.  I realize now that I may have become a little obsessed with the issue.  I mean, if this was my biggest problem, then obviously I had a good life, but acne can really mess with your self-confidence.  Thankfully, I seem to have everything under control now, so here is a list of some of the things that I use:

1.  One Source Pure Performance Vitamin:  It is important to make sure that your skin has all the nutrients it needs in order to heal properly.  Additionally, some vitamin deficiencies can cause the skin to break out.

2.  Carlson Cod Liver Oil:  Cod liver oil is a miracle worker for the immune system.  When I take this, my skin heals much faster than normal.

3.  Dan's Regimen:  This has saved my skin.  I tried Proactive, birth control pills, and almost everything available at the pharmacy.  Nothing worked.  In fact, every time I tried something new, it seemed to just challenge my skin to bring it, and, I'll tell you, my skin brought it.  It took months with this program for me to see a noticeable difference, but it worked,e and I can finally concentrate on healing the damage that my skin has undergone.  Yayyyyyy!!!

4.  Josie Maran Argan Oil:  There's a lot of hype right now with argan oil.  Everybody seems to love it.  I couldn't agree more.  If you have a wound, put argan oil on it.  If you have a burn, put argan oil on it.  If you have dry hair, put argan oil on it.  You get the gist.  This stuff is awesome.

5.  Avalon Organics Vitamin C Renewal Cream:  I use this as my day moisturizer.  It does not have SPF because it tends to break me out.  It moisturizes my skin without turning it into an oil slick.

6.  Lansinoh Lanolin Nipple cream:  Okay.  When my sisters saw this there were some gasps...I actually use this for chapped lips.  My lips bleed and crack even in the summer.  I put this on at night, and it helps tremendously.  Do not buy it online!  It is about $10 at Target.

7.  Nature's Gate Oh What a Night:  Because of the benzoyl peroxide I put on my face, I end up having really dry and flaky skin.  This stuff is so incredibly moisturizing that it takes care of most of the dryness.  I was so lucky to find this lotion.  I put it on at night and wake up with smooth skin that makeup goes on smoothly.

8.  Johnson's Baby Oil Gel:  I love this stuff.  Generally speaking, most moisturizers upset me.  I don't have incredibly dry skin, but lotions do not hydrate enough.  With this oil, my elbows have never been softer.  I apply it every night after the shower.


You May Also Like

2 comments

  1. Glad you found good skin care products to treat your acne. Do you still experience any acne breakout after using these products? To totally keep acne away, always hydrate your skin with water before applying moisturizer. This is to attract more moisture deep into the skin, which is important for making the skin soft and smooth. -Terry Bayer

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Terry! I will definitely be trying that tonight. For the most part, my skin is clear except for the random blemish I get if I do not sleep well at night.

      Delete