Dancing in the dark....

by - 4:21 PM

You know those days when you wake up and you just want to put on your dancing shoes?  Well today is not one of those days for me.  In fact, I may very well stay in my pajamas all day and only venture into the kitchen for cheese...that's enough to keep me alive right?  On days like these, I like to find some sort of inspiration to gather the energy to get up and do something productive (grab a good book and crawl back under the covers).  Today, I use my little sister as my inspiration. 

Isn't she beautiful??




She was getting ready to go to a dance and I blackmailed  convinced her to let me take some pictures.


Dress:  Borrowed from Me- Thrifted and altered
Shoes:  Target


A little about the dress:
When I saw this dress on Asos, I knew it would be perfect for my little sister's upcoming high school graduation party.  Unfortunately, as a college student, it was just not in the budget.  It was either the dress or Ramen and we all know the obvious answer to that problem....TO THE THRIFT STORE!!!  After searching at several different locations, I found a size ten twin of the Asos beauty for $2 and literally jumped up and down.  You know you're being odd when the lady wearing a Christmas sweater in the Texas summer looks at you funny as she continues to argue with herself.  A quick trip to the seamstress and $10 later, I had my dress!!!  It is so stunning in person that my little sister begged me to borrow it for a graduation dance.  This dress is too beautiful to just sit in a closet, so I had to say yes.  Besides, she is gorgeous in it, is she not?

You May Also Like

0 comments