Zuppa Toscana

by - 10:38 PM


Gosh, I love this soup.  I used to make this all the time before I began to get sick.  This is actually the first time I make it in five years.  It's rich and creamy, and nothing makes my heart melt with fat covered happiness more than this on a cold day.  

Now, this isn't the healthiest soup ever made.  It has heavy cream, bacon, and Italian sausage, but this is my definition of comfort food.  I made it as part of my food prep this Sunday.  I save it in small portions and freeze most of it in tiny mason jars for days when I come home so tired that a sandwich and a reheated jar of soup are the only alternative.  

I love to freeze my food.  It keeps me from having to cook all the time (and greatly reduces the chances of me burning food).  

I made some small changes to this recipe.  I add the whole bunch of kale that I bought and used real bacon instead of bacon bits, a whole package to be precise.  Enjoy!




**For a low FODMAP alternative, simply omit the onions and garlic, like I do.  I promise it will still taste great, but, as we all know, everything is infinitely more delicious with loads of onions and garlic.**


You May Also Like

0 comments