Making over the living room

by - 1:00 AM

Like any rational person in the interim between finishing school/finding a job and homelessness, I have taken it upon myself to give the living room a makeover.  I sold the old couches and began a mad search of all my thrift shop favorites.  Here is what I have so far:


Why yes, that is the latest model in Akita rugs...it comes with a built-in snoring and farting machine.

I am still trying to decide if I want to keep these lamps.  I am not a fan of the black paint on them, but I love their shape.  I believe one of my upcoming projects will be to try and strip off the black paint with professional strength stripper.

Budget Breakdown so far:
  • Couches $200
  • Lamps $14
  • Sofa Tables $28
  • Accent Pillows $6
  • Ikea Curtains FREE (Thank you sister!!)
  • TV console $15 (Not shown in picture)


I am currently still on the prowl for:
  • Floral pillows
  • Lamp Shades
  • An affordable octagon mirror for Feng shui reasons per my mother's request (...I don't know why either...)
  • Colorful art
  • Coffee table
  • Bar stools

You May Also Like

0 comments