Happy New Year!!!

by - 2:56 PM



I hope you were all able to spend your new year with close family and friends.  Luckily, our town is not a firework-free zone, so come midnight, everyone lights up the sky, including this girl who burnt her hand with a treacherous sparkler as she sang along in an impromptu musical number to Katy Perry's Firework....

 As is custom to everybody and their mother, this is the time of year when we all make this long lists of goals of what we want to accomplish in the next twelve months.  This year is going to be my year.  I feel it.  It should not even try to resist, because I am not going to have it any other way.  I mean it.  I will be taking no prisoners and nobody will be raining on my parade...please...  Here's a couple of my resolutions:

1.  Call the people that I love more often.
2.  Study at my desk, not the comfortable sleep cloud that is my bed.
3.  Adhere to my chore list!!!  Maya's hair is the bane of my existence.
4.  Keep my number of pets to two.  My family is prone to hoarding collecting animals.
5.  Smile more often and look people in the eyes.
6.  Exercise more often, maybe just once a week.  Baby steps...
7.  Brush my dog once a day.  Every day.
8.  Get into graduate school.
9.  Become a better cook.
10.  Make one random stranger feel pretty every day.
11.  Regrow my garden.
12.  Give the bathroom a makeover.  I am in love with beige striped bathrooms.  It must happen.


I should probably stop there.  My list is starting to be more of a to-do than a resolution list.  What are some of your new year's resolutions??

You May Also Like

0 comments